I love to bake, and my boyfriend loves to try new recipes! So we decided to do s'more brownies. It's a perfect, and simple recipe for the summer. It uses brownies as the chocolate, and turned out the perfect combination of gooey with a slight crunch. I have high cholesterol, so we used applesauce instead of eggs in the recipe, which I'll explain later!
P.s. Excuse our kitchen. I am in college, and college living does not include the best stove! But it works just fine!
We used this recipe from the Food Network, but altered it a little.
Here are all the ingredients we used:
Any type of Brownie Mix
1) Pre Heat the oven to 325. Line baking pan with aluminum foil.
2) Make the graham cracker base. To do this, mix crushed crackers with 10 tablespoons of melted butter and two tablespoons of sugar. The mixture should be damp, but not wet. Spread this on the bottom of the pan. You may need to make more crust, depending on the size of the pan. It took us about 16 tablespoons of butter with a whole row of square grahams. Bake for 20 min or until golden brown.
3) While the crust is baking, mix the brownie mix as per instructions on box. I substituted one egg for 2 tablespoons of applesauce. This changed the mixture a little bit, and our brownies turned out more gooey, which I think worked in our favor.
4) When crust is finished, pour brownie mix into the pan. Bake for 10 min less than the directions on the box. For example, we were told to bake the brownies for 32 min, so we only baked them for 22.
5) Take pan out and put a layer of marshmallows over the brownie mix. These can be any sized marshmallows, as long as it covers the top of the brownie. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
And here is a picture (Although not the best!) of our brownies! I love my marshmallows burnt!
If you try this recipe, let me know how it goes! I would love to hear feedback!